This is the 1st time I made French toast.
It’s so easy.. but damn fattening… hehehe… I let mum try and she asked me to make for her again next time… she said it’s better than those at “Hong Kong Recipe” at Warisan Square.
You can spread some mustard on the bread, it will taste better, that’s for sure… but I didn’t…. because I forgot to buy it!
Here’s the recipe:
2 large eggs
1 small cup of milk (i used full cream milk)
1/2 tsp salt
8 slices of sandwich bread
Some cheddar cheese (depends on your likings.. i cut it very thick!)
Some butter to be spread on bread and for frying
1. Beat eggs and beat slightly in a bowl, add milk and salt, set aside;
2. Add milk and salt, set aside;
3. Spread some butter on the sandwich bread;
4. Place cheddar cheese slices on 4 slices of bread, then cover with the remaining bread;
5. Heat 1 tbsp butter in a skillet
6. Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture, coating both side of bread fully;
7. Cook both side until browned;
Next time if I’m making this again… I will put lots and lots of mustard… I love mustard!!